Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy, Breezy Dinner

When I was writing about the tagine earlier today, I didn't think about what a good segue it was into tonight's dinner. I found a recipe for Moroccan Turkey Burgers last week that looked really good. I decided that tonight was a good time to try it because the McCoys ended up being here for dinner and I needed something easy. We all actually really liked this recipe. It was mild but tasty and it could go with a number of different side dishes. If I make this recipe again, which I would definitely consider, I would serve it with Athena baked sweet potato fries.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp snipped fresh mint
1 pound ground turkey
3 TBSP chopped raisins
2 TBSP chopped slivered almonds
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 ground cumin
4 hamburger buns

In a small bowl combine sour cream and mint. cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. In a medium bowl combine turkey, raisins, almonds, salt, pepper, coriander, cumin. Mix well. Form into four 1/4 inch patties

Place burgers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Serve on hamburger buns and top with sour cream mixture.

My friend Elise, mentioned that adding a bit of sour cream to ground turkey helped the turkey not to dry out so I did make this slight revision to the recipe. She was right, the additional sour cream worked great. Thank you, Elise! I also used whole cumin and coriander seeds and used my little Cuisinart to grind them. I think having fresh ground seeds enhanced the flavor.

Ta da! An easy, successful dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment