Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Monday, January 24, 2011

Classic Lentil Soup

I took the easy way out tonight and prepared Classic Lentil Soup. The ingredients were very basic: dried lentils, bay leaf, thyme, carrot, celery, vegetable stock, olive oil, onion and garlic. Prep time was about 25 minutes with an additional 30 minutes of cooking. I made one slight revision and used chicken stock instead of vegetable stock. I am pleased because the soup was quite tasty. Brad really liked it and his only recommendation was to add a bit more broth. The recipe called for adding more if desired but I wasn't sure that I needed to since this was my first time making the recipe. I do agree with him; I would add one or two more cups of stock. Other than this, it was a yummy and healthy soup. I served it with a mixed green salad and french bread. A perfect rainy day dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment