Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Big Flop

Well, it had to happen. Tonight I had my first big flopperooni. The recipe is Saffron Orzo with Shrimp. The ingredients are chicken stock, orzo, saffron threads, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt and pepper and prawns. It looked exquisite when I found it in one of my Giada cookbooks but guess what? It wasn't exquisite. As a matter of fact, Brad said, "You don't love it" and I replied, "I don't even like it." I bought fancy white prawns for the recipe but they weren't even good. We both ate one serving and then it went straight into our compost bin. Let's just say either the recipe didn't come together (even though I followed the directions exactly) or we just didn't care for it. Bummer. :(

So I need to regroup and move on to the next one. Maybe I will switch gears to baking or making a dessert. Bread, cookies, cake? Hmmmm........ time to go search through some cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment