Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week Twenty-Seven Recap

For the second time since I have started this cooking project, I was in a mad rush to complete three recipes by the end of the week. I got a late start because we were away for the holiday weekend until Tuesday evening. By the time I was able to choose my recipes for the week and then grocery shop accordingly, it was already Thursday afternoon. As a result, I ended up preparing two recipes on Thursday and one on Saturday. Yikes! I guess I should just be happy that I completed this week's recipes; regardless of the fact that two of them were quite simple to prepare.

The good news is, all three recipes were average or above. Although I strive to prepare dishes that are fantastic, adequate is sometimes an achievement. I am based in reality and there isn't always enough time in a week to spend three hours preparing each recipe. So, in light of this busy week, here's to making it work and to seeking inspiration for next week's creations. The recap is as follows:

Olive Tapenade
"How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman
Page 326

Red Pepper and Quorn Bake
quorn.com

Watermelon Smoothie
sparkpeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment