Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What's In the Fridge?

As I mentioned in yesterday's entry, my grand plan was to prepare a gourmet bean pot tonight made from local ingredients. When I devised this plan, I failed to realize that I needed to soak the beans overnight. So, this left me with a classic dilemma that we all frequently face. What do I have in the fridge to make for dinner? Lucky for me, I had a package of fresh linguine and a bunch of fresh asparagus. When all else fails, I google the ingredients I have on hand, read through several recipes and then choose the one that interests me. Today I googled linguine and asparagus and found the recipe below:

Linguini With Asparagus
(serves4)

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
8 ounces fresh asparagus, cut in 1/4 inch pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry white wine
5 ounces linguini, cooked and drained
1/2cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
fresh ground pepper to taste

Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic; cook until soft. Add asparagus and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice, cook 1 more minute. Season with pepper to taste. Add pasta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; toss until everything is coated. Place on serving platter and garnish with remaining cheese

This recipe is a great one to have on hand for a quick and healthy dinner. I wouldn't hesitate for even a minute to make this for family or friends at any time. Brad and Olivia both loved it and I was extremely pleased. Not bad for quickly throwing a little something together. Stay tuned for the much anticipated bean pot tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment