Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Friday, March 25, 2011

Week Twelve Recap

This week was a great cooking week. We loved every dish I prepared; especially the Roast Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes and Cilantro Sauce. It was the perfect meal to share with family and friends. I am also fond of the Linguine with Asparagus recipe because it came from a realistic need to use ingredients that were already in my refrigerator. Let's face it, we don't always have time to go to the grocery store for specific ingredients so we look in the refrigerator to use what we have. This recipe gave me renewed faith in putting a meal together at the last minute. Finally, the bean pot was wonderful; although way too much food for us. I sent a big container home with Carl and we still had a ton of beans left over. If I make this recipe again, I will make it to take to a potluck or barbecue. The recipe says that it serves 12 but I really think it would serve 20 to 30 as a side dish. Here's to another successful week of cooking. Cheers!

Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes and Cilantro Sauce
"The Best One-Dish Suppers" by the editors of Cook's Illustrated
Page 33

Linguine with Asparagus
everydaycook.com

Maple, Molasses and Beer Bean Pot
"Earth To Table; Seasonal Recipes from an Organic Farm" by Jeff Crump and Bettina Schormann
Page 253

No comments:

Post a Comment