Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Friday, February 4, 2011

Procrastinating or Performing Under Pressure?

Well, I managed to wait all the way until Friday to finish my second recipe of the week. I actually prepared it earlier today but I am one ingredient short so I haven't yet tasted the final outcome. This recipe is for a black bean and corn salad. I found it in our monthly paper from the local natural grocery co-op, PCC. I buy at least half of our food from PCC and we are members so every month, they send a wonderful newspaper full of ideas for healthy food. This particular recipe was designed by one of their local chefs. It calls for black beans, corn, cumin, sea salt, chili powder, lime juice, onion, tomato, red pepper, cayenne and cilantro. I had every ingredient at home with exception to cilantro so I will run to the store to pick it up in the morning. I'll get back to the blog with a full report after I take a few bites.

I think my third recipe is going to be some type of banana bread. I have a bunch of slightly overripe bananas and less than one day to make my last recipe of the week. Believe it or not, I have never made banana bread. I have made all sorts of zucchini bread but never banana bread. Actually, those of you that know me well won't be surprised by this since I have always had a neurotic gag reflex when I smell bananas. Ever since Olivia has been eating solid food, I have overcome my overly dramatic banana gag problem. I went my whole life proclaiming that it was not mind over matter and that I had a serious reaction to the smell of banana but turns out, I was wrong. Guess there's a first time for everything. :) I'll get back to you tomorrow about the black bean and corn salad and to report on my maiden voyage with banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment