Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week Thirty-One Recap

I am going to deem this week an interesting and unique week of cooking. I started out with Oysters on the Half Shell with Three Mignonettes, even though I was the only person in my house that would eat them. I thought the oysters were tasty but food is much more pleasing for me when my family is able to enjoy it with me. The Beets and Greens Quesadillas were a hit and I would definitely make them again. I especially appreciate learning that I can saute raw beets, sliced with skin on, to serve at a few moment's notice. These two recipes make up the interesting portion of the week.

The unique portion was provided by the Chocolate Bean Brownies. Although the idea behind the recipe is good, the texture and consistency did not hit my palate correctly. Brad, Carl and I had a running joke today that the brownies would be perfect with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream and lots of chocolate sauce as to disguise the brownie. Brad and Carl actually didn't hate them; they both ate a few and commented that at least they were chocolate. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. All in all, it was a decent week of cooking. See recap below:

Washington Oysters on the Half Shell with Three Mignonettes
"Seattle Kitchen" by Tom Douglas
Page 63

Beets and Greens Quesadillas
"The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook" by Kim O'Donnel
Page 140

Chocolate Bean Brownies
redcordialrevolution.com

No comments:

Post a Comment