Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week Twenty-Two Recap

This was a fun week of cooking all the way around. I seem to most enjoy the weeks when I end up preparing a wide spectrum of dishes. This week included a beautiful risotto, slow-baked beans and one of my favorite cookies in the history of cookies. If this isn't a diverse group of recipes, I don't know what is. In a nutshell, I would prepare all three of these recipes again without giving it a second thought. Brad and I loved the Risotto with Taleggio Cheese and Bacon so much that we ate four servings instead of two. Oops. :) The Boston Baked Beans were really good while hot so I have to admit that I would serve them fresh out of the oven instead of attempting to take the dish to go. By the time I served them at the cooking competition, they had cooled and become a bit gloppy. Okay, gloppy may not be a word but it is definitely what happened to the beans. Finally, the cookies were tasty and the outer texture was wonderful; I would just bake them for a few minutes less to make the insides a bit more chewy. Here is this week's recap. Can't wait until next week!

Risotto with Taleggio Cheese and Bacon
Sunset Magazine, October 2010

Boston Baked Beans
Allrecipes.com

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
lolfoodie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment