Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week Twenty-Six Recap

I just reached the halfway point of this cooking project! I am really proud of myself for sticking with it and although I did take two weeks off when we were on our Maui vacation, I have remained diligent every other week. This means I have now completed 72 recipes that were completely new to me. Can you believe it? I know some of my family and friends probably can't wrap their head around me turning into a regular Susie Homemaker but guess what? It has happened. I guess no matter how well you think you know someone, they can still have surprises up their sleeve. :)

This week was another fun and successful week of cooking. I loved the Organic Strawberry No-Cook Freezer Jam and although not one of my most difficult recipes, the Chipotle Black Bean Dip was tasty and only needed one minor change to make it even better. Finally, I was able to find a Panzanella recipe that I was excited to prepare. It turned out beautifully, even better than I hoped it would and I absolutely plan on making it again in the future. So, here's to the next twenty-six weeks of recipes. May they be as inspiring, educational and fun as the first twenty-six weeks!

Organic Strawberry (No-Cook) Freezer Jam
Lynne Vea, Chef at PCC Natural Markets via "Gardening with Ciscoe"
king5.com

Chipotle Black Bean Dip
"Skinny Dips" by Diane Morgan
Page 93

Italian Bread Salad (Panzanella)
Cook's Illustrated Magazine, July & August 2011
Page 20

No comments:

Post a Comment