Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Banana Sour Cream Waffles

The irony in the number of banana related recipes I have prepared is immeasurable. I have written in the past about my former banana neurosis so I still marvel at the fact that I am now enjoying bananas in several different forms. For the third time since I started this cooking adventure, I prepared a recipe that centered around bananas.

I knew I wanted to make waffles for my third recipe this week but I had no idea what type of waffles I wanted to make. Once again, I used my good friend Google and I happened upon this recipe for Banana Sour Cream Waffles. Doesn't it just sound interesting upon first glance? Perhaps you immediately questioned whether this recipe sounds appetizing, as I first did. Once I got past my initial reaction, I decided that this recipe addressed my biggest complaint about waffles, which is that they are often dry. If sour cream, milk and melted butter don't combat dry waffles, I don't know what will. So, I set off to test this recipe.

Ingredients:
I cup flour
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, separated
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 mashed banana

Sift dry ingredients together in medium bowl. Set aside. Mix together beaten egg yolk, milk, sour cream melted butter and mashed banana. Add to flour mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped egg white. Pour batter into oiled waffle iron. Cook each side until brown.


These waffles were delicious and they were truly the antithesis of dry. I served them topped with a few bananas sliced on the diagonal and organic pure maple syrup. Brad and Olivia enjoyed the waffles as well. I would absolutely prepare it again. Kudos to grouprecipes.com for publishing this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment