Fennel and Leeks

Fennel and Leeks

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stir-Fried Green Beans with Pork




Photo Courtesy of Brad Lovejoy

This is the loosest recipe I have published thus far but it was quite tasty. Basically, you take fresh green beans and pork of your choice, then add the desired amount of each of the remaining ingredients. There is no exact science to this recipe; which makes the process easy and the end result pleasing to the individual palate.

The only details I would like to note is that the green beans and pork were purchased at the West Seattle Farmer's Market. Every Sunday, I purchase thinly sliced pork that is meant to be used for stir-fry from the Olsen Farms booth. The pork is from animals that are naturally and sustainably raised. I can't even begin to explain the difference between Olsen Farms pork and run-of-the-mill store bought pork. Once again, fresh and organic ingredients reign supreme. The recipe for Stir-Fried Green Beans with Pork follows:

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh green beans
1 pound stir-fried ground or thinly sliced pork
dry sherry
soy sauce
Asian chili sauce (I used sweet chili sauce)
garlic (the first garlic I have ever grown in my garden!!!)



Cut beans to desired length. Stir-fry until blistered and mostly tender; remove beans.


Photos Courtesy of Brad Lovejoy

Stir-fry pork about for about 2 minutes. Add dry sherry, soy sauce, Asian chili sauce and garlic to taste; then finish cooking pork. Add beans, stir until hot.

Recipe Source:
interpreted from Sunset Magazine, June 2012
Page 55

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a nice recipe! This recipe will help me to cook a delicious and healthy stir fry. I will try this next week for my break fast. By the way, I know also a site about stir fry recipe, know them all Here!

    ReplyDelete